Positive employee experience is one of the most critical determinants of a company’s success. It has been proven that employees who are happy and satisfied with their jobs are more productive than those who aren’t.
Case in point: a Social Market Foundation study finds happy employees to be 20% more productive than unhappy ones. Forbes also notes that disengaged employees can cost companies $450-$550 billion in a year. That means investing in improving your employee experience can lead to significant financial gains. And failing to do so? Well, you know what to expect.
So how exactly does an organization improve its employee experience? Here are three ways to improve it today, without spending a fortune.
1. Offer Flexible Office Hours
Flexibility is vital when it comes to work-life balance. Employees want flexibility in both schedules and hours worked. This gives them the ability to choose when they get up and go to bed. They also can take time off for personal reasons, such as caring for family members or going on vacation.
And the reward? You will not only improve employee happiness, engagement, and morale but will realize far more benefits, such as:
- Reducing overall costs by saving on the commute time, general office expenses, and absenteeism.
- Improving productivity by increasing job satisfaction and reducing turnover rates.
- Increasing customer loyalty by boosting customer retention and repeat business.
Workplace technologies are changing rapidly. From mobile devices to artificial intelligence (AI), countless new tools are available to help businesses enhance employee engagement, streamline processes, increase efficiency, and reduce costs.
Take advantage of these technologies by implementing innovative solutions that make life easier for your workforce. Here are a few examples and recommendations:
- If you use Slack, Zoom, or Microsoft Teams to communicate internally, consider adding a bot to automate repetitive tasks. Or, if you have a large team spread across multiple locations, consider using video conferencing software to connect everyone.
- If you’re in the service industry, such as hotels, consider using workplace apps to streamline or automate services like room reservation and social distancing. This goes a long way in boosting employee experience, as it shows that you care about their well-being, especially during this COVID-19 period.
- Space occupancy solutions like occupancy sensors, hot-desking, and room sensors are also excellent innovations you can leverage to boost employee experience. For example, you can install sensors in bathrooms to monitor occupancy levels and automatically adjust lighting settings accordingly.
- Other technologies that can help improve employee experience include smart booths, telemedicine systems, virtual reality headsets, activity-monitoring IoT systems, and AI-powered chatbots.
3. Create A Positive Culture
A positive culture is one where people feel valued and appreciated. It’s all about creating an environment that encourages collaboration and teamwork.
Here are some suggestions to create a positive culture:
- Encourage open communication. Ensure employees know how to reach out to each other with any questions or concerns they may have.
- Provide regular feedback. Regularly check in with employees to see what they need from you, and give them constructive criticism when necessary.
- Give credit where it’s due. Recognize those who do great work and provide them with opportunities to grow.
- Reward good behavior. Be intentional about giving praise and recognition to employees for doing something right.
- Provide compassionate leadership. Show empathy towards your employees and be willing to listen to their needs.
Komstadt is Your Top Workplace Technologies Partner
So there you have it! These are our top-three results-proven ways to elevate the employee experience. Implement these strategies to see a significant improvement in productivity, employee satisfaction, and overall performance.
At Komstadt, we provide workplace technology solutions to growth-focused businesses like yours. We offer a complete suite of managed services, including end-to-end integrated collaboration solutions, work from home solutions, network security & IT services, unified communications, contact center solutions, business process automation, and many more.
If you’d like to explore these workplace tools and see how they can benefit your organization, we invite you to contact us now!