Businesses have come into agreement that the traditional top-down structure in the workplace does not encourage innovative ideas or robust problem-solving. Adding a tech-savvy workforce and corporations start looking towards technology-based solutions to provide agile answers to elicit a paradigm shift to greater employee collaboration.
Multiple, media-rich huddle rooms are gaining wide-spread acceptance as a preferred collaboration means over the 'gold standard'; while large, extravagantly-designed conference rooms with quality modern furniture, packed with the latest technology - but are often unavailable due to prior scheduling.Huddle rooms offer intimate and results-oriented communications - as opposed to enduring large staff meetings and long monologues. Even within limited square footage, cleverly designed huddle rooms will incorporate both interactiveinter and wireless technology:
- Digital whiteboard supports remote attendees when paired with HD video conferencing units
- Sound and rich-media settings to ensure high-quality audio calls, video conferencing and recording
- Cableless table for attendees to wirelessly connect mobile devices, regardless of technology platform or cable connection type
- Video conferencing solutions that provide the same robust features as the 'executive boardroom'
- Wall-mounted display (preferably at eye-level) such as an LCD/ LED monitor or TV to provide screen sharing and viewing of presentations by remote groups
When you install properly equipped huddle rooms, you effectively add value to under-utilized spaces, provide an important mixture to open work spaces and telecommuting, and encourage ad-hoc meetings of distributed work teams.
Finally, consider the room's acoustics and lighting. Acoustical insulation can reduce noise leakage into and out of the huddle room, while a full-room coverage microphone will reduce native ambient noise. Provide lighting control to supplement natural lighting or provide suitable darkness for video presentations.
Want more quality meeting inspiration? Check out our favorite blog post and subscribe our blog!