In the past few years, cloud computing has become a preferred alternative for companies that wish to conduct business over the internet. With cloud computing, companies no longer need to build and maintain their own network infrastructure. The adoption of cloud computing by companies has led to several benefits such as:
Over the past several years, the internet has become an essential platform for any successful business. In the early days of the Internet, businesses had to build their individual network infrastructure. This required a lot of financial investment to acquire the infrastructure, hire key IT personnel, and look for an adequate physical location, among other things. It also costed a lot of money for businesses to maintain their physical infrastructure.
- Reduced costs - Companies no longer have to pay for their infrastructure and IT personnel
- Scalability - Businesses can scale up or down easily depending on their computing needs
- Flexibility - Employees can work from any location as long as there is an Internet connection
However, the increased adoption of cloud computing has led to a rise in cyber security threats. Individuals with malicious intent spend time and money trying to compromise the data stored in the cloud. Some companies that have had their data compromised in recent times include Apple iCloud, Microsoft, Dropbox, Linkedln, Home Depot, and Yahoo. These data breaches enabled the hackers access the private information of millions of affected customers; this information has been used for nefarious purposes.
Given the rise in cyber security threats to data stored in the cloud, it is essential that companies implement measures that protect their data stored in the cloud. Some key components of ideal cloud security include:
- Monitoring - An ideal security suite should be on round the clock to monitor data traffic as well as efforts to illegally access the data
- Threat Detection - In addition to monitoring, the security suite should be able to recognize known threats and execute a planned response
Cisco Umbrella is a product that protects data stored in the cloud. It offers a proactive approach to protecting cloud data. Cisco Umbrella has many tools in its arsenal to monitor and detect threats cloud data. Furthermore, it offers different packages to suit the needs of different businesses. For more information, contact us for further consultation today!
Want more huddle rooms inspiration? Check out our favorite blog post and subscribe our blog!