1. AVPro Edge – AC-EX100-444-KIT-GEN2
The AC-EX100-444-KIT-GEN2 is not an average point to point HDMI extender. This is a unique product that uses ICT (Invisible Compression Technology) to extend 18Gbps 4K60 4:4:4 audio/video signal 100 meters over single CAT 6a UTP/STP. It can deliver a virtually lossless high bandwidth 4K HDR signal of up to 18Gbps.
1.2 Key features
- Input: HDMI 2.0(a/b)
- Bandwidth: Up to 18 GBPS (W/ICT)
- Dimension (WxDxH): 48″ X 7.75″ X 0.86″
- Weight: 2 LB (0.54 KG)
- Distance: By using AC-EX70-UHD-R, the transmission distance for HD 1080P is up to 70 meters (230′) and UHD 4K resolution the distance reaches an impressive 40 meters (115′).
- Ports: HDBASET on RJ45W/ POH FOR HDBASET RECEIVERS, Extracted AUDIO (TX ONLY, RX IS AN AUDIO INPUT) on TOSLINK, IR TX (TX & RX) on 3.5mm mono (2 conductor), and IR RX (TX & RX) on 3.5mm stereo (3 conductor) 3 pin terminal block.
- Power Consumption: 12 WATTS MAX
- Power Supply: Input: AC 100-240V – 50/60HZ and OUTPUT: DC48V0.5A
1.5 Merits and Demerits
- Has Invisible compression technology which compresses high bandwidth HDMI signals into a manageable size
- Has total EDID Management
- Has onboard troubleshooting which allows the user to generate a 4k or 1080P test pattern to detect external problems
- The length of HDMI cable is unchangeable after being manufactured and unreliable after about a length of 25FT.
- It has a sophisticated installation
2. Kramer TP-590RXR
The Kramer TP-590RXR is an HDBaseT receiver with 2.0 version specifications for 4K60Hz (4:2:0) HDMI, Ethernet, USB, IR, RS-232 and stereo audio signals over twisted pair. It can extend video signals to up to 100m over CAT copper cables. The receiver can also feature EDID pass through, embedded and unbalanced stereo audio transmission.
2.2 Key features
- Input: 1 HDMI, 1 audio
- Bandwidth: 2Gbps (W/ ICT)
- Dimension (WxDxH): 38″ x 4.53″ x 1.00″
- Weight: 32 Lb. (0.5KG) approx.
- Distance: 430ft at normal mode (2K), up to 328ft at normal mode (4K), and up to 590ft ultra mode (1080p at 60Hz at24bpp when using Kramer’s BC HDKat6a cable
- Ports: 1 IR on a 3.5mm mini jack, 1 USB 2.0 on a USB connector, 1 RS–232 on a 3–pin terminal block for the serial link, and 1 RS–232 on a 3–pin terminal block for transmitter control
- Power Consumption: 12V DC, 900mA
- Power Supply: (12V, 2A)
2.5 Merits and Demerits
- High-performance standard Extender
- Extension of HDMI signal and multi-channel HDMI audio extension
- Ethernet extension allowing data flow in both direction allowing extension
- The status LED indicators enhances easy local troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Has a lower bandwidth
- Its troubleshooting is not easy as compared to AVPro Edge
Want more network security inspiration? Check out our favorite blog post and subscribe our blog!